Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I am only one, but I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I can not do interfere with what I can do.

(Edward E. Hale)

Today is the first day of the new year, and I can't seem to come up with anything original, or even interesting, to write.

I'm not ready to look back at 2007 yet. My grandmother died, and I missed saying goodbye to her by only a short time. My friend died, and I never returned her phone call. I turned 45, and I wasn't ready for it. My daughter turned 20, and I was even less prepared for that.

It wasn't an entirely difficult year. We added Millie to our family. My youngest started high school. (Okay, this is in the "I'm trying to think of it as a good thing" category.) We did get the chance to have a really wonderful visit with my grandmother before her final illness. I learned to knit socks. The kids and I made it to Tampa, and I made it all the way to NYC to visit with my oldest. I actually completed NaBloPoMo.

Looking ahead to 2008, I have a couple of resolutions goals things I'd like to accomplish. I started making my list, and realized that I could go on and on. I guess the real point is that the start of this new year is a chance to look ahead at all the possibilities, and to grab the ones I want to make happen.

No comments: