Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. (SIr Winston Churchill)

Today's quote is in honor of
my new "Bartlett's Quotations."
Thank you, Cari!

My daughter returned to New York today. It was so hard to let her go. We've had such a nice visit. She's had a chance to mature out of that Obnoxious Teenager Syndrome, and I really enjoyed the young woman she's become. (Now I just have to make it through two more OTS children!)

I am so tired of being sick. I've had a cold/flu/sinus-ickies thing going on for over three weeks. Every time I think I've gotten over it, some new symptom comes along. Of course, it probably doesn't help that I run around all day long, and stay up late at night. But at least I'm drinking lots of tea and taking extra vitamin C. And now "Doctor Becky" has started to make sure that I take the cold medicine regularly. I really do need to get better soon, because my friends and family are starting to get tired of being sympathetic. (And what's the use of being ill if nobody tries to baby you?)

On the knitting side of life, I learned something new today. When doing a YO from a knit to a purl, the yarn is not orientated properly, so you need to reverse it before knitting into it on the next row. For knitters, this is probably obvious. Now that I know it, I just want to hit my head and say "duh!" However, I'm not frogging the one and a half socks I had finished before figuring this out.

Speaking of knitting, I found out that there is Competitive Sock Knitting. The league opens in May, so I need to start getting in shape...

No comments: