Thursday, January 24, 2008

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. (Isaac Asimov)

It's been one of THOSE days. You know, the type of day that just as you think you've got it all figured out, someone comes along and turns the paper around the other way and you realize that you're just an idiot faking it after all.

I can't post a picture, because the smart card driver is definitely dead in the home computer. And the laptop is doing odd things. I'm hoping it's only a temporary "jumping for joy" because I ordered the new power cord that was needed, and not a last gasp before total annihilation (which would be really bad, and not just because of the wasted money for the cord).

I did manage to finish the gusset on both of the Ch'ear'ful socks. Then my son and I finally got over to return his pajamas from Christmas. And I've got about half the attic closet cleaned out. So there was some good to the day.

Now I'm off to bed, with the hope that I'll wake up in the morning and the computer issues will have just been a bad dream...

No comments: