Saturday, January 12, 2008

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary. (Mary Kurtz)

I went to bed last night with my day all planned out. I was going to get up early and start the laundry. I would clear up the pile of paperwork in my bedroom, and write my overdue thank you notes. Then I could plan out the month's menu and go grocery shopping. If there was still time, I'd take my knitting to the park until it was time to pick up my daughter. This was a do-able plan. (I was absolutely convinced of that last night.)

The plan fell apart at the very start, when I didn't get up until late this morning. I compounded the problem by jumping online before getting dressed. Before I knew it, I was surfing the net. In an effort to be productive (go ahead and laugh), I updated my entire stash into Ravelry. Then I entered all my knitting needles by size and type. (I have a lot more needles that I thought I did!) Since by then my well-intentioned plan was shredded into millions of pieces of self-indulgent confetti, I just spent the rest of the day watching videos and knitting.

On the bright side, I'm almost finished with my Cable Ready Bag.

No comments: