Sunday, January 13, 2008

The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned only yesterday. (John Burns)


I finished my Cable Ready Bag today. I can't get over how quickly it knit up. It's because of the big needles and thick yarn. When I was done, I went to work on my socks and the dpns felt so fragile!

The bag is nicer than I thought it would be. I had thought that I would need to line it before I could use it, but it seems to be fine with my things loaded into it. The only problem is that the opening is so small because of the handles. I think a larger hoop (maybe the 8" I had originally wanted) would have been better after all. But it's very cute, and I'm going to enjoy showing it off at work tomorrow.

I made a little video for my daughter to show her how to attach the handles. It's very amateur; my son and I did the best we could with my Nikon Coolpix's video setting. Actually, the microphone was better than I thought -- the thumping noise you hear throughout is the drying running downstairs.


No comments: