Monday, January 21, 2008

There's plenty of folk as'd like to have a lion as a daemon and they end up with a poodle.

And till they learn to be satisfied with what they are, they're going to be fretful about it. (Philip Pullman)

I finished reading The Golden Compass, by Philip Pullman, today. It was okay, but not as good as I've heard. It was slow getting into it, and there was too much preparation for the next book in the series. ("Read this book so that you'll have to read the next one!") But I will admit that about half way through, I was suddenly totally hooked. By the end, I was walking around the house doing my chores with my nose in the book because I just had to find out how it ends.

While at the bookstore today, I also read the most adorable picture book/love story. It is called "Smitten" by David Gordon. I was so tempted to buy a copy of this, just to have it, even though my youngest child is in high school! This is a definite must-read for any sock knitters (okay, for any Knitters).

No comments: