Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm kind of jealous of the life I'm supposedly leading. (Zach Braff)

I'm so happy. After trying for only two and a half years (since my eldest left for college), I finally got the three children to go have their portraits taken together. It was touch and go as to whether or not we'd make it today, since the entire ride over my son was fussing:

"Why do we need some stranger to take our picture?"
"It was stupid to spend money on photos mommy could take herself."
"Why can't the girls just go?"
"We could just wait for the summer, instead of rushing into this today." (This was actually my favorite line, considering how long I'd been fussing to do this.)

But everyone cooperated wonderfully once we arrived, and I bought a much larger package than I had planned. (I had to -- all the pictures were beautiful!)

I've also had a lot of fun working on the Cable Ready Bag. I can't get over how big the needles are, and how fast this is knitting up. (Remember, I'm used to tiny dpns with my socks...) Cari and I are racing, trying to see who will get more done. I really wish she didn't have to leave tomorrow. It's been so nice having her home.

No comments: