Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others. (Jonathan Winters)

Jorge thought he should be in the
spotlight for a change, instead of Millie.

I've been trying to come up with something interesting to write about for the last hour. So far I've had a glass of soda, made a cup of tea, eaten a couple of girl scout cookies, and thought about moving my laptop off the kitchen table to get away from the temptation of food; but there's been absolutely no progress in the direction of a decent topic for today.

I think my creativity quota for the day must be used up. A friend at Share told me about their new website through Google, and I've been working on setting up our family site. We really don't need a family website. We've had a family blog for a little more than two years, and that seems to be working out fine. We only have a couple of geeks (including myself), so our needs are fairly basic. But doing the family site gave me the opportunity to check out what Google offers and evaluate it to see if it would serve our needs at work. For a free (with only a $10 annual domain registration) web host, Google is really pretty good. I found a few bugs, but managed to find work-arounds for most of them. Overall, I'm looking forward to going into work on Tuesday and giving my boss the good news -- I think we have a winner.

No comments: