Sunday, November 18, 2007

The world is full of women blindsided by the unceasing demands of motherhood, still flabbergasted by how a job can be terrific and torturous.

(Anna Quindlen)

"That nervey guy, No-Name Pete."

I thought everything was going along great. I initiated conversations, or at least attempted to, and was lead to believe that everything was fine. Apparently, this was only so that I wouldn't either worry or holler (I'm not sure which was the prevalent reason). And so I went along happily, bragging on my wonderfully bright child. And I'm not saying that she isn't wonderfully bright. She just hasn't been very confiding. And as a result, I'm going to have to schedule a meeting with her teachers and see if we can salvage any of this semester.

On top of that, she wants to change her course of studies since she "hates" the medical field now. (Apparently "hates" means "is failing miserably but didn't want to say anything to mom.")

Up until this little bombshell, it had been a great day. I feel like such a failure as a parent for not seeing this coming.

No comments: