Thursday, November 08, 2007

Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends.

The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances. (Jay Leno)

I don't have a photo today. Sorry. It was either go take a picture real quick, or find a quote for the title. And since finding a quote meant that I didn't have to stand up for a few more minutes, that won.

I'm totally exhausted, so luckily I only have about a dozen things left on my "to do" list. I would love to just leave them until the morning, but I know that whenever I do that I end up oversleeping or remembering something even more important that has to be done and then none of the items will be finished. Since I'm leaving work early to fly to New York, I probably should do the stuff on my list (like packing my suitcase).

Just so you know the level of obsessiveness I can reach, here is a peek at my list:
  • vacuum, dust, and generally clean downstairs (I can't have mom see the house the way it is)
  • Clean the downstairs bathroom
  • clean the kids's bathroom (just in case mom uses it)
  • clean my bedroom (mom will be staying in there)
  • change the sheets on my bed (again, for mom)
  • clean my bathroom (hey, most of my work is because of mom...)
  • get the bugs out of the tub
  • call Cari to make sure she's going to meet me at the airport (because I can't do the subways by myself!)
  • deposit my paycheck
  • balance my checking account on the computer
  • drop off items at the dry cleaners on the way to the airport
  • try on my clothes that I want to take with me to make sure that they all still fit
  • pack for the trip
  • finish the laundry
  • thaw the hamburger meat for dinner (and remind the kids to make dinner for their gramma!)
  • prep knitting bags to take with me (I want to have the second "easy" sock cast on, which means the yarn has to be balled first. I also want to get the patterned section of the colorworks sock so that I can cut the cc yarn before I leave for the airport. )
  • decide on one two books to take with me

No comments: