Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The old saw about old dogs and new tricks only applies to certain people. (Daniel Pinkwater)


It's another one of those days where I don't have a whole lot to report. Despite having had a cup of coffee and a large ice tea this evening (along with all the caffeine contained in them), I'm yawning my way through typing this short passage. So here's just a quick highlight tour of the day, and then I'm running off to bed.

  • I made a commitment to myself to knit one full diamond pattern a day on my socks, since that is what it will take to get the Black Diamond pair finished by the end of the month. This commitment lasted approximately half the day.
  • I went to work, although I can't in all honesty write that I worked today. I accomplished small amounts in even smaller bursts of enthusiasm.
  • Downtown at the Gardens is a wonderful place to stroll around, although I was disappointed in the popcorn. But not disappointed enough to keep from buying two large bags (one of which is already half gone).
  • Miracles do happen. My ex and I sat down at the same table, and talked with the children as a united front. My advice is for the general public to pull out your scarves and mittens, as hell is surely in the process of freezing over.
Now I'm off to get some sleep. The kids don't have school in the morning, which means I get to sleep in late tomorrow. My alarm can be set for 6:30 am, instead of 4:30!

No comments: