Sunday, November 04, 2007

A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure. (Segal's Law)

On my way to my client's house this morning, my cell phone rang. It was my client's mother, wanting to know where I was. "I'm on my way to your house," I told her, wondering why she wanted to know. I had already gotten my mocha latte fix, so I was hoping that she didn't want me to stop at Dunkin Donuts (which would have meant me drinking TWO iced lattes in one morning...the resulting jitters are not a pretty sight).

"I thought you were going to come at 11 o'clock."

"I am. I'm about 15 minutes away from your house," I reassured her.

"Well, it's just that you didn't call and let me know that you'll be late. I was worried that you weren't coming," she informed me. The conversation was still not making sense to me. After all, I was only 15 minutes away, and I wasn't supposed to be there for another 30 minutes. Then it dawned on me.

"Did you remember to set your clocks back?"

"Oh. Was that today? Never mind then," and she hung up.



This is my "real" birthday cake; a Carvel ice cream cake with lots of extra crunchies. The kids and I celebrated this evening with a birthday dinner and then the cake. I'll show off my presents (earrings and yarn -- my kids know what I like) another time.

No comments: