Sunday, November 25, 2007

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. (Plato)

I feel like I'm posting tonight only because it's NaBloPoMo. So far I've managed to post everyday in November, and I don't want to mess it up at this late date. Besides, it's become a part of bedtime routine; I'm not sure I could go to bed if I didn't come up with something to write a few paragraphs about.

I spent most of today knitting. I worked with one of my clients, a wonderfully bright developmentally disabled woman. (Yes, that's a contradiction in terms. But that's how I see her, as being wonderfully bright despite her disability.) She's determined to learn to knit socks like the ones I knit, and I don't think it'll be long before she actually does a pair. We've gone basic stitches (garter, stocking stitch, and ribbing) to been working on reading and following a pattern (dish clothes) and knitting in the round. This week she learned to use the double-point needles that I prefer. This is a picture of her project -- the first of a pair of leg warmers. It's also the first time I've designed and written a pattern, so I'm proud of it for both of us!

I can't post a picture of my own knitting project here, since I was working on a Christmas gift. I'm excited about it, though. It's turning out even better than I had thought it would! I've already picked out another pattern with color work to do when this one is finished. (Although I still have a few more gifts I should do before I start something for fun.)

No comments: