Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Choose your pleasures for yourself, and do not let them be imposed upon you. (Lord Chesterfield)


I've now got three projects on my needles. All of them are Christmas gifts, which means that (1) I can't show them off yet and (2) I have a very limited amount of time to get them all done. There will be one more project to do as well, that I'll start next week.

I figured up my Christmas budget, and I think it's going to all work out this year. Provided, of course, that I actually stick to the budget. I'm not going to allow any negativity to cloud my thoughts, but I will point out that this will be the first time ever that the word "budget" meant more than "amount you can comfortably spend, if you had any intention of being comfortable and didn't want to worry about how to pay the next electric bill when it comes." Of course I did the budget today and I haven't actually been shopping yet, so it's easy to still be optimistic.

(But of course someone who blithely starts four knitting projects four weeks before the holiday while picking up extra hours on top of two regular jobs is, by definition, optimistic. Or foolish. I always confuse the two.)

No comments: