Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away. (Phyllis Mcginley)

I've decided to make Wednesday "WIP" days (works in progress). This way I'll have a legitimate reason for showing off my knitting.

I'm almost finished with the first "I can do these" Black Diamond sock. I need about half a pattern repeat (half a diamond) more on the foot and then I do the toe. Here's a picture of it that I took while I was in New York. Since it's for my daughter, I let her try it on. She told me it was "yummy." Of course, she has to say that if she wants me to keep making her socks. But I happen to agree. I've very proud of how well it's turning out. And it's a lot of fun to do, too.

I only hope that I can find time to get the second sock finished by the end of this month for the KAL!

I have another sock on the needles, but I can't show a picture because it's a Christmas gift and I don't want to spoil the surprise. It's using my wonderful Fairy Kisses yarn and the embossed diamond pattern from More Sensation Socks. I love the yarn, but I was worried because it's so thin. But I decided to knit it on size 2 needles (the smallest size I own), and it's turning out to be a really nice fabric. But because of the tiny gauge (about 11 SPI) I had to cast on 90 stitches to get the right size sock. Which means that I'm going to be knitting forever!

My third project, Becky's Christmas stocking, is actually finished as of this evening. I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. She's going to be able to get a lot of gifts in that huge thing, so I think she's going to be happy as well!

No comments: