Wednesday, July 06, 2011

It's nice to accomplish something for a change

 



I finished quite a few projects, and I'm feeling proud of myself. The 10-stitch baby blanket is done, and ready to be mailed out.  It's a small baby blanket, but I think it's a good size for using with a car seat, or when they're out hiking with the baby. (Yes, I said hiking with the baby. This couple likes to hike and I don't imagine they will stop just because they have a child to take along. And I can mention this because I really don't think either one of them reads my blog, so I'm not giving away the surprise.) I really hope that they turn out to be knit-worthy, because I've seen quite a few pretty little baby girl sweaters that I would love to knit and they live in an area that baby sweaters would actually be very useful.



This is Blanket Bob. Blanket Bob is a lot of fun to knit. Blanket Bob (the blue one) is going to baby Bode because even if the family isn't knit-worthy, Bode is definitely adorable enough to spoil with knitted surprises.

 



I finished both of the ruffled flamenco scarves. The blue is from the yarn I was given, and the pink is the yarn I bought because I felt to guilty about accepting the blue yarn. (It made sense to me at the time.) The scarves are gorgeous. I was going to give them as gifts, but now I'm thinking that I might just be selfish and keep them both for myself.


I finished knitting the FromMemory socks, and I think I did a pretty good job. I'm excited to know that I've knit enough socks that I have the basic formula memorized. (This pair is for me. I've become very selfish with my knitting lately.)

This is my new sock project. It's another pair of FromMemory socks, using Patons Stretch Socks yarn. I got to the heel, and decided I didn't want to ruin the stripes by doing a heel flap. So I'm trying a short-row heel instead. I don't usually use a short row heel, so its going to be fun to see how many tries its going to take me to figure it out.

And finally, a quick update on my Someday-It'll-Be-A-Sock Blanket. Even though I'm still way behind on my goal of one square a day, I've hit a milestone. If my math is correct, I need 1050 squares plus the four sides edged. Fifty percent of 1054 is 527. Since I've finished 533 squares as of this week, I am officially halfway finished!
 * ~ * ~ *
Blanket Update:
146 squares in 186 days
(Status: If I do 2 squares a day, I can catch up by the end of the month.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In response to your question about orchids:

There are a lot of websites telling how to take care of orchids. Most make it pretty simple. Make sure the bark that it's planted in doesn't stay too soggy. Get it out of the plastic pot it came in and into a clay or ceramic pot with lots of drainage holes (best to use an "orchid" pot).

Good luck -- jump in. They are a lot of fun and pretty easy as far as plants go.

Anonymous said...

Blanket Bob is adorable!