Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Excercise relieves stress. Nothing relieves exercise. ( Ikkadu, Hosaka, and Kawabata)

I'm almost proud of myself. I've been getting up every day between 6 and 6:30 am to walk for half an hour. I go around the pond (hence all the duck/geese pictures), knitting dishcloths as I walk. I still haven't found a workout that I feel I can get obsessive about, but at least I've started something.

It does help to get out each morning to remember that I'm working toward the P.A.L.A. patch. I like earning patches. The deal is that you og your exercise, whatever it is. If you are active (exercising) for 30 minutes, you get a point on a star. Five days of activity earns you the complete star for the week. The idea is that you have to exercise or be active 30 minutes for five of the seven days each week. When you have filled in six stars, you have earned the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.

Once you have gotten the P.A.L.A., you can go on to other challenges. I think the next one for me will be the Bronze Medal.

I'd love to have some company with the challenges. There is a group feature, so we could cheer each other on. Just let me know if you are interested.

No comments: