Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

It’s the end of 2006, and I guess I should be doing some sort of Looking Back on 2006 entry. Here are a few highlights, in no particular order:


  • I treated myself to a laptop, which I promptly named Daisy. How did I ever manage life before Daisy?
  • I’m officially “old” – I had to start wearing bifocals.
  • Despite the fact that I’m not an animal person, and that I swore that we wouldn’t have any more pets, we’ve added several members to our family: Austin, Becky’s gerbil; George, our cocker spaniel; and lots of assorted fish.
  • PJ went on his first hunt this year, and he shot a wild boar. He’s currently away on his second hunt, this one a deer hunt in Alabama. My cousin Chey is the greatest! (Ralph, you’re pretty terrific too.)
  • Becky got involved in sports, playing on her school’s volleyball team and now on the soccer team.
  • Cari finished her first year of college, and is currently halfway through her second year. She’s become a New Yorker, and is getting very grown-up and independent. (Okay, she’s always been very independent and acted grown-up. But now it’s official.)
  • I traded in my way-cool pickup truck for a mini-van. We got off to a rough start, but even though I miss the truck, but I have learned to love the van.
  • PJ got his learner’s permit, and is now driving. I swore I would not be the one to teach my kids to drive. I guess I should know better than to swear.
  • Our Family Gathering (reunion) was this summer in North Carolina. We had so much fun, and it was great getting to see so many of my family again. We’re already starting to look forward to the next one (in 2008).
  • My cousin Charlie and his family came for a visit.
  • I also got to do some short trips. I went strawberry picking in Indiantown. I went to Coco Beach with mom for a weekend. I went to a Chris Rice concert with my sister’s family. And we also went to Orlando for a long weekend.

    It’s been a good year. And now I’m looking forward to the new year…

No comments: