Thursday, December 28, 2006

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. (Mother Theresa)


This morning, I stopped at the bank on my way into work. I don't normally go through the drive-thru (the ATM is so much more convenient), but I had a question and the lobby wasn't open yet. As I pulled up to the window, the teller greeted me with a cheerful "Good morning, Sandi! How are you today?" I was thrilled to hear someone greet me so happily. Then I realized she didn't look familiar. I hadn't handed my deposit to her yet, so she didn't get my name from that. She must know me. So why didn't I know her. I searched her face, hoping for some clue. Nope. No idea at all. I (discretely) checked her nametag, and that didn't offer any help. I couldn't remember ever meeting Sandra M. before. I was so puzzled, I almost forgot to ask my question.

As we talked, it suddenly dawned on me. She hadn't greeted me with "Hi, Sandi!" She actually had said, "Hi! I'm Sandi."

Oh well, so I'm not as well known as I initially thought. It was still a happy way to start the day!

The things I still need to do for Wednesday, Jan. 3rd:
  • Get more boxes (this is going to be an on-going task!)
  • Finish packing PJ's bedroom: closet, desk, computer, bookcase, knick-knacks & wall
  • Pack the kids' bathroom: linen closet, cabinet, drawers
  • Pack my bathroom: large linen closet, linen closet, both cabinets, drawers (almost done!), candles
  • Pack the girls' bedroom (Becky is almost finished doing this -- she's my favorite child!)
  • Pack the living room / dining room : books (Becky is half-way done with this -- gotta love her!), knick-knacks, wall, Christmas decorations (Becky did this for me!)
  • Pack the "attic" : closet, drawers
  • Pack my bedroom: closet, drawers, files, Creative Memories, computer, everything else
  • Pack the kitchen: dishes, cups, pots & pans, china cabinet, drawers, pantry
  • Arrange for the movers to come (waiting on the last quote)
  • Change the utilities to the new house (need to double-check address. The one the landlord put on the lease apparently does not exist!!!)
  • Change of address with the post office (see note from above)
  • Change of address with the schools (and find out where PJ's new bus stop will be)
  • Clean the old condo, and return keys
  • Unpack everything into the new townhouse
  • Print out Becky's party "clues" and get party supplies (her birthday party is four days after we move into the new house...)
  • Write Christmas thank you notes (because these really have to be done SOON)

No comments: