Thursday, August 03, 2006

Energy and persistence conquer all things. (Benjamin Franklin)


Mom climbed Mingo Falls again, this time all the way to the top. We’ve had more family come into camp, so there was a big group that wanted to go to the falls. I decided to do some more pictures, since there is no way I can make the climb. Instead, I sat on the bridge at the bottom of the falls and enjoyed talking with my Cousin-Once-Removed Yvonne and my Uncle Dale (two others who decided to stay at the bottom in order to call for help should we see any bodies tumbling down the slippery falls). It was nice, even when it started to rain. (There’s something about standing in the rain watching the water rush down the falls that is extremely soothing.)

Having so much family here is wonderful! We’re still expecting several more this afternoon, and then a few more families on Friday. I had to laugh at a woman I met at the waterfalls. We were talking, and she mentioned that they were there as a family reunion. She mentioned that the hardest thing was getting 12 people to agree on the activities. In my family, 12 people is just a regular family dinner! Our reunion is going to be about 70 members.

No comments: