Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We begin as children to explore and develop our talents, often unaware that we are unique, that not everyone can do what we're doing!

(today's quote is from Lynn Johnston)


I have come to the conclusion that Becky is a changling. When she was born, the fairies took Becky from the mother she should have had, and left her me.

I should have realized this long ago. Just the way we look at shoes should have clued me in. Becky currently owns as many pairs of shoes as I’ve had in my entire lifetime. When I explain this to her as the reason why we don’t need to go into the shoe store, she just looks at me with pity.

To me, planning a party means getting the right food and inviting the people. Maybe you also need a decent gift. For instance, Thanksgiving is successful if you have the turkey, stuffing, lots of side dishes and pies, and family to share it with. Becky, of course, adds in the good china, a centerpiece, cloth napkins, etc. I feel that a birthday party is a successful celebration if you have cake and ice cream, and gifts. Becky planned PJ’s birthday dinner. And even though it was just us (the big party is this weekend), she pulled out the china dishes, wine glasses for the soda, and decorations. And she even made sure that the meatloaf he wanted was special enough for her brother’s birthday!

No comments: