Saturday, August 26, 2006

A mother's heart is always with her children. (Author Unknown)

Posted by Picasa

I took Cari to the airport early this morning. I thought it would be easier (if not exactly "easy") to let her go off to school this year. But I still ended up with tears in my eyes as I watched her walk away from me toward the gate.

There's so much I wanted to say to her. I wanted to have just one more hug and kiss. I wanted her to stay home a little bit longer. But suddenly there wasn't any time left.

All summer she's driven me crazy. Just as I drove her crazy all summer. She came home after a year of college, learning to survive on her own, and having become an adult. It took us a while to figure out new roles between us.

And now she's gone again. And I already miss her.

No comments: