Friday, August 25, 2006

Ride softly, that you may get home the sooner. (Thomas Fuller)

Thursday Challenge - "Plants"

Once upon a time, I was a cautious driver. I always followed the speed limit, and never saw a need to pass anyone. In other words, I was the driver that everyone hated to get stuck behind. Even my kids have been known to shout out at me, "Come on, lady. Either drive or get off the road." It never bothered me, though. I always got where I was going and since I like driving, it was okay if it took me a little longer to get there.

Now that I've been driving 70 miles a day for work, I'm suddenly impatient. I pass everyone, and even caught myself hollering out at a lady because she was "only" going the speed limit. It's like I've suddenly been possessed by a speed demon!

No comments: