Saturday, April 29, 2006

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. (Douglas Adams)


Mom and I were on our way to St. Augustine, but about halfway there we got distracted. One of the great things about growing up under the influence of Madame Two Wheels is that if we see something interesting along the way, we're not afraid to throw the map out the window (assuming that we had one, which of course we didn't) and take the sudden turn into left field.

As a result, we spent a wonderful day exploring craft shops in Historic Cocoa. The architecture was early Floridian with wonderful, unexpected courtyards and pastel adobe topped with rolled tile roofs. Mom and I got to explore store after store filled with crafts and gifts, teddy bears and collectibles, ship models and hot sauce, and all sorts of things. (I even found a hurricane kit, something we've been talking about doing at school.) It was nice, being able to wander about and look at everything without anyone to complain that they were tired or bored.

Now we're sitting in a hotel on Merritt Island, sharing a bottle of wine out of plastic juice glasses and making plans to go to the beach before we drive home in the morning. That is, unless we see something better along the way...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: