Monday, April 03, 2006

Teach children to be polite and courteous in the home, and, when he grows up, he will never be able to edge his car onto a freeway. (Unknown)


The photo this evening is for Inspiration Challenge, which was "Sunset & Soul." There is a story behind the photo, but it's a very personal one and even though I doubt very many people read this blog, I think I'll keep it to myself.

The kids and I drove up to mom's yesterday after work -- Gramma and Aunt Robin are here visiting and we joined them for dinner -- and the trip reminded me of why I really hate driving on I-95. We were about two exits from mom's when the truck in front of me suddenly stopped. Since we were going 70 mph, I was on top of him before I realized it. Luckily I was able to swerve onto the shoulder. Then I had to swerve off the shoulder and down the grassy bank in order the avoid the minivan that had caused the truck to stop when they suddenly turned onto the shoulder. The whole event took seconds, but felt like one of those slow-motion cartoons.

After a couple of minutes of shaking, I was able to drive back onto the interstate and continue the trip.

The rest of the evening was wonderful. Four generations of women (and one lone male), each trying to outdo the other, made for a very lively dinner.
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sean & kelly said...

I love reading your blog. I hope your story is a happy one but something tells me it is more bitter sweet.

Cari said...

You didn't tell me about the near accident when we talked. I wish you had--that sounds scary. I'm glad you guys are okee.

I love you!

Sandi said...

Thanks for the comments. I feel so special, having readers! :)

Kelly, you hit it on the head with your bittersweet comment. But I'm glad I was able to get such a good picture to remember it by.

Cari, the near accident was VERY scary! For me, anyway. Both PJ and Becky were watching their DVD players, and when I stopped the truck on the grass PJ just looked up, said "Huh?" and went back to his movie without waiting for an answer. I don't think Becky even noticed anything had happened.