Sunday, March 12, 2006

If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good! (Dr. Seuss)

Yesterday morning Mom met us in Indiantown to do some strawberry picking. I've been wanting to do a roadtrip, and Indiantown (which is about 40 miles northwest) was the perfect trip. Becky and I put on a CD of my favorite oldies songs, and we had the windows down and the music blaring the entire ride.

This was the first time we had been to this strawberry patch, and it was really cool. The plants were in planters stacked on top of each other and designed to spin. Mom has decided she wants this same system as a garden at her house. (Another project for my brother-in-law!) Mom, Becky and I picked 35 pounds of strawberries before stopping for lunch! After lunch, we moved on to tomatoes and peppers.

Before leaving, I got mom to act silly with me and pose for a phoon:



No comments: