Friday, March 03, 2006

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
(Arthur O'Shaughnessy)


I can't believe that I've gone an entire week without posting any pictures. And I have lots of pictures that I could have posted, since I took over 175 photos while my cousin Charlie and his family were visiting. (And that was just in three days!)

Once again waited until the last minute to put my picture online for Brookston's Photo Hunt. This week we were looking for a woodwind instrument, with a bonus point if it is a real instrument (i.e. not a toy). I had originally planned on doing a photograph of Becky playing her saxaphone, but she didn't bring it home to practise this week. (I really need to talk with her about that.) I played around with Cari's flute, but I couldn't come up with anything original.

Mom and I are going to the Rennassaince Festival in the morning, and when I was getting out my costume I found my Ocarina. This is a handmade clay flute, one octive, that was popular during the Rennaissance period. Ocarinas have a beautifully whimsical sound.

No comments: