Sunday, March 12, 2006

We are Hunters and Gatherers

It took a while, but Becky and I finally have all the strawberries from yesterday cleaned and bagged. It's a little disappointing; after all the work we did, I feel like I should have more than just eleven bags of berries. (Of course, we did bag them in 2.5 lb portions...)

PJ came home from his first hunting trip just bursting with excitement. My cousin Cheyenne had invited PJ to join him and Ralph on their hunting weekend, and they really made it a special time for PJ. Apparently he got to shoot lots of different types of guns, and he made his first kill (a boar). According to PJ, Cheyenne has offered us a share of the meat from the boar PJ killed and Ralph has offered to have the boar's head mounted for PJ. I always did like Cheyenne best.

No comments: