Monday, February 06, 2006

Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs. (P.J. O'Rourke)

Mamacita (with the orange tail) and a possible father guppy.
You can see one of the babies in the bottom left of the picture. Posted by Picasa

Some of the babies. They're so small! Posted by Picasa

One of my guppies had babies. This time I was able to save six of them -- I think she might have had more but managed to eat them before I could get them to safety. Even now, while the babies are locked away in a plastic floating nursery, the mama is trying to get into it. Part of me thinks "How horrible!" while the other part nods wisely and thinks, "she's had teenagers already."

2 comments:

Tint~ said...

I loooooove your guppy quote!!! Oh boy! I can relate hahaha!

Your photo's are very interesting. I love the perspective. I hadn't thought of 'picturing' my blog. Perhaps I should... or just link to my pictures... interesting thought. I'll get to it one day ;)

Sandi said...

Thank you. I've always loved quotes, and it's fun trying to find the right one to express my mood of the day.

And thank you for the kind words about my photos.