Saturday, November 28, 2009

You use a glass mirror to see your face; you use works of art to see your soul. (George Bernard Shaw)

Yesterday at the Starbucks I fell in love with the art displayed. There were two pieces that I really wanted to buy, and if it wasn't so close to Christmas I probably would have gotten at least one of them.

Orange Creamsicle, shown above, is much prettier in person. Unfortunately my camera insisted on throwing a glare on the glass. The artist was listed as Kirk Croakley.


The second piece I liked a lot was Pretty Sunflower, by Kyle Davis. (The top picture in the photo is Bunches of Flowers, by Lindsey Goldenhersh.)

The artwork is part of a traveling display presented by VSA Arts of Florida - PBC. These particular pieces are examples of traditional Japanese Sumi-e-Ink paining. The photos really don't do justice to the art. I really wish my budget would have let me get an early gift to myself...

No comments: