Thursday, November 05, 2009

It is pleasant to have been to a place the way a river went. (Henry David Thoreau)


Our annual Staff Fun Day was held on October 24th this year at the Burt Reynolds Park in Jupiter. As usual, we had a really nice time socializing with everyone outside of work. I think I shocked a couple of my co-workers by actually having an alcoholic drink, but that's probably a story for another day.

The B.Reynolds Park is pretty nice. It's not real big, but then it really doesn't have to be. Besides the big party pavilion that we were at, there are several family pavilions scattered about for cooking out and picnicking. The children's playground was very popular with our group. But the real draw to this park is the pier. You can fish, or launch your boat, or even rent canoes and kayaks if you want a quiet day on the water.

I'm not sure that this will become one of my favorite places, but I'm definitely going back for a canoe trip.

No comments: