Saturday, November 21, 2009

A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly. (Winnie the Pooh)

"Bird"

(When I first saw this bird, I thought it was a blue heron. But on checking my Audubon book, I realized its really a Sandhill Crane. Either way, it was pretty neat to have it walking along so close to my car.)

Since today's topic is "birds," I'd like to recommend that you fly over to my sister's new blog, Birdman of Boca's Backyard. She's just started, so there are only a couple of posts. But if she keeps up with what she started, it's going to be a lot of fun to read.

I'll take credit for the "Birdman of Boca" title. My children and I started calling my brother-in-law that a couple years ago when he was just starting to collect his birds. At that time he had transformed a section of his back porch into an aviary and was just starting to talk about expanding into the back yard.

Now their backyard is incredible. But, why don't you just head over and let her tell you about it.

1 comment:

Birdman of Boca's Chick said...

Thanks for letting people know about my blog!