Sunday, May 06, 2012

Ninja Spider

I may have to move.

Seriously. I won't ever be able to sleep in the apartment again. And I can't go into the bathroom without someone accompanying me, which really isn't at all practical. So the only sensible thing to do is to move.

The whole thing started a couple of days ago. I was in the bathroom, never mind what I was doing in there but I was minding to my own business, when I looked up and saw a huge spider on the shower curtain. He looked right at me, and shook one of his long, hairy legs. No really, he did. I ran out of the room, ran back in and grabbed my clothes, then ran back out again. By the time I convinced my daughter to go in after him, he was gone.

Yesterday, I saw him again. And once again, he gestured at me. My daughter tried to convince me that he was just waving "hello." But in my heart I knew that he was not being friendly.

This morning, he made his move. He jumped me! He literally jumped on top of me. It's a good thing that the bolt was still on the front door, because otherwise I would have made it out into the parking lot before I stopped screaming. My daughter went back into the bathroom for a towel and my clothes, which she thought was more important than killing that spider. I really wish she had gone for the spider first, since it was gone by the time she got back in there.

As far as I'm concerned, the spider has won. The bathroom is all his. I'll be joining a gym and showering there until I can find a new apartment.

No comments: