Monday, May 21, 2012

Kitchen mailfunction. Or rather, Baker Malfunction.

I found what I thought sounded like a great recipe for Lemonade Cupcakes.  So I printed out the recipe, and decided to make them for the Volunteer Luncheon.

Unfortunately, I ended up with horribly dense, flat blobs instead of the light, airy lemony confections that I had hoped for. To be fair, they tasted really, really good. But  there is no way that I serve these at the luncheon.

I did think about turning them into a layered dessert, with a sweet cream pudding. But I don't have time to do that right now. So it's back to the drawing board, or rather internet, for more research.

And guess what. It's my own fault (sorta) that the cupcakes turned out the way they did. In my printed recipe, there is no mention of eggs. I had thought that was strange when I was making them, but figured I should trust in the recipe and follow it blindly. Bad decision. Because when you look at the original recipe posted online, there are eggs. Three of them, in fact. Somehow, when I printed the recipe that line was omitted off the bottom of the page.

Luckily I have enough ingredients to try this again.

No comments: