Monday, May 14, 2012

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother.

A child is a child.  They get bigger, older, but grown?  What's that suppose to mean?  In my heart it don't mean a thing.  (Toni Morrison, Beloved, 1987)



Becka and PJ took me out to dinner for Mother's Day.  Keeping with family tradition (last year and this year, therefore making it a tradition), we went to a hibachi grill. We decided to try a local restaurant, Sawa Hibachi Steakhouse, based on recommendations on the Urban Spoon website. It was a great decision; we really enjoyed the food. 


Best of all, though, was the company. It's been difficult getting used to having adult children. I miss the fun of when they were younger and entirely mine, but I like seeing the adults they've become under my influence (good and bad.)

No comments: