Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Moscato D'Asti Casa Sant'Orsola

I treated myself to this bottle of wine because it was on sale (just $7.99 at Total Wine this week). Even off sale it's only around $10, so it's a very affordable "splurge."

Moscato D'Asti is a sweet, sparkling wine. I don't know if it's true for all of the Moscato D'Asti wines, but this bottle comes from Italy. I like the bubbles, although the pop started me when I uncorked it.

I had trouble identifying any notes on my nose, especially at first when the wine was still very chilled. I blame that on my sinuses rather than it being too delicate a wine since the next night I was able to detect a fresh fruity scent with musty after notes of pineapple and mango. The taste is very sweet and bubbly, followed by fruit - peaches and slightly citrus. I did drink it by itself, as my dessert, although it would pair well with real desserts or fruit.

Although it was very sweet even for me, I'll probably get it again. I'm giving it three stars. (The third star is mostly because of the price.)
  • 1 star = It was okay but nothing special
  • 2 stars = It was good and I liked it
  • 3 stars = It was good and I'd buy it again
  • 4 stars = I really, really like it, enough to call it a favorite
  • 5 stars = It's mine, all mine! And I don't want to share.

No comments: