Saturday, December 05, 2009

You can't leave footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time? (Bob Maowad)

Although I spent most of the day running around, I got to start my day by sitting on the beach. My daughter had a job interview (she's now a hostess at a beachside restaurant), and while I was waiting for her I walked along the shore.

I'll probably be spending a lot more time at the beach now, waiting for my daughter. Which is a good thing. The municipal beach on Singer Island is a nice place to spend time. The sandy beach is wide, rather than the narrow areas found on most of Florida's eastern coast.

The town of Riviera Beach recently started a renovation on the Ocean Mall that overlooks the beach. This makes getting in and out of the beach a real pain. You have to look close for the "Beach Access" signs in amongst the "Construction Area - Keep out!" posters.


But this ensures that the beach will not be crowded. This morning it was just one woman swimming, one family strolling, and me knitting on the beach. And the seagulls, of course.

No comments: