Friday, December 04, 2009

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. (Unknown)

Yum! I made 6-Layer Cookies for the cookie swap tomorrow night, and so far I've resisted temptation of eating one or two. Or more. But it's hard. Just look at that chocolaty, coconuty, nutty goodness. Total decadent indulgence. This was a recipe from my Nana (originally she had 7 layers, but I don't like butterscotch so I always leave it out), and it definitely qualifies for my Friday Favorite.

I have four pans cooling on the counter. Four dozen finished cookies will go with me to the swap. One dozen to share at the party, and three dozen to trade. I'll come home with six different types of cookies.

The diet will resume Monday.

And while the cookies were in the oven, I was watching the last episode of Monk while working on Lauren's hat. The entrelac is almost as addicting as the cookies.

No comments: