Wednesday, December 02, 2009

There is nothing more contagious on this planet than enthusiasm. (Carlos Santana)

This is Emily. She's a wonderfully cheerful second-grader that I met at the Barnes and Noble tonight. Emily was there to sing with the choir for her school's book fair. She's a very good singer; I know, because she sang a little solo for my knitting group.

I met Emily because she is also very outgoing and curious. As soon as she saw the group of us knitting in the coffee shop, she came over to watch. And to learn. Emily even got her friend involved.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any extra needles and yarn with me today. Most of the time I carry an extra project or two, "just in case." So we used the double point needles and Emily worked a round on my hat. The next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time, because Emily is definitely a Knitter now) she's going to work on a scarf, or a sweater, or maybe a pair of socks.

I better bring a lot of yarn next week. Just in case.


This is the project I was working on at knitting group tonight. It's a entrelac hat from the Twist Collective. I know, this wasn't on the list of projects I wanted to get done first. But Becka sweet-talked me into knitting a Christmas gift for her best friend. (It was really difficult, too. "Mom, would you knit Lauren a hat for Christmas?" "Sure. What color?")

If I hadn't cast on the hat, I probably could have finished my sweater. Because I'm really that close to being done. It's going to be beautiful. Just look at the detail at the neck.



My Gypsy Monkeys are also beautiful. One foot and two toes, and they'll be done as well.

I think some of Emily's enthusiasm rubbed off on me.

No comments: