Sunday, February 03, 2008

Go Giants! (their fans)

The Giants actually won the Superbowl! How exciting was that?!


I've spent the evening knitting. First I finished up the After-Christmas-Surprise Socks for my daughter. I also did the handles on her Cabled Bag. She had sent the bag to me last week, after giving up on figuring out how to do the handles. (My wonderful video wasn't so wonderful.)

My LYS had a Superbowl Sunday sale, and I ran over to check it out. I really didn't need any more yarn, but a sale is a sale. I was able to pick up some Noro Sock yarn at 15% off, which is pretty exciting. I've been hearing all sorts of things about the Noro Sock, and it seems to be either a "love it" or "hate it" reaction. The colors are gorgeous, so I decided to splurge and try it out myself.


I also found some Lorna Laces in the 50% sale bin, so I snatched it up. I probably wouldn't have bought this colorway normally, but at half price I'm sure that somebody would like socks this color.


And to think that less than a year ago I was puzzling over why people stashed yarn...

No comments: