Friday, February 29, 2008

It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic. (W. Somerset Maugham)

I know this is a really horrible picture, and I'm sorry. You see, I took the kids to McDonald's for dinner tonight.

I had decided earlier this week that we weren't going to do any more take-out. Or at least, we were going to severely limit the fast food. First of all, it's not good to be eating a lot of fast food. And second, I just plain can't afford to keep buying take out. (Of course, you see how long my resolution lasted.)

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I took stuff out of the freezer to thaw for dinner. So it's not like I didn't have any options (my usual excuse for opting for a drive-thru lane). But when my daughter and I learned that the golden arches were selling burgers for 29 cents in celebration of the Leap Year, we just couldn't resist the bargain.

Apparently there weren't many people in town who could resist the bargain. We ended up waiting in the drive thru line for 45 minutes! Counting the time to drive to McDonald's, I could have made dinner and cleaned up afterwards.

On the plus side, I was able to get about 2" of my sock knitted.

No comments: