Thursday, February 14, 2008

It really doesn't matter if the person who hurt you deserves to be forgiven. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself.

You have things to do and you want to move on. (Real Live Preacher)



Chocolate and roses... it's a Valentine's Day cliche. But knowing that didn't stop me from enjoying them!




Valentine's Day just isn't that big of a deal anymore. For various reasons. But I have fond memories of this day when the children were little. It was easy to see the love in the gifts they gave, in the form of fingerprints on crookedly glued hearts. The more lace and glitter, the greater the love offering. The thought counted, even if it was teacher-prompted.

I can still quote the poem my son wrote me when he was six years old:
I love you mom.
You are the best mother I ever had.
You make me laugh when you felled of the chair.
You cook good.
(Just as a side note: According to my son, he still loves me even if I don't fall off the chair as much now. I still cook good.)





No comments: