Friday, February 01, 2008

We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery. (H.G. Wells)


My 2008 Daytimers arrived today, and you would have thought that I won the Publishing House Sweepstakes. Yes, I get that excited over a calendar.

I immediately opened the box, and began to glance through all of the pages. After all, months may have changed or maybe there's a new date (anyone for a 42nd of Mayvember?). Once I had looked everything over, then I had to start filling in the dates with appointments and events. I even have a new address booklet, but I've decided to wait until tomorrow to fill that in. (I could just keep the old address booklet since they're the same, but it's more fun to start out fresh.)

And just to keep you from thinking that the calendar was my only excitement: I finished the Blues Brother's Socks last night and cast on a pair of Souvenir Socks.

Okay, I live a sad, boring life. Tomorrow I'm going to the Hard Rock Cafe -- does that make it better?

No comments: