Sunday, February 24, 2008

My evil genius Procrastination has whispered me to tarry 'til a more convenient season. (Mary Todd Lincoln)


I don't know if this is the type of thing I should admit, but sometimes I really don't want to be the Mommy anymore. It's not that I don't love my children. (I do). Or that I don't like being the Mommy. (I mostly do.) It's just that I really need a day off.

I'm tired. I'm tired of having to make all the decisions, everything from what's for dinner to what bill is going to be paid. I'm tired of having to come up with all the answers, everything from how the bills are going to be paid to whether or not my daughter can go to her friend's house. I'm tired of cooking and cleaning and laundry, all of which will just have to be done again tomorrow. I'm tired of working multiple jobs. I'm tired of apologizing for not being able to do everything.

And I know that even with two parents in a household, these same issues exist. But as a single parent, there's nobody I can turn to and say, "I've had enough. YOU do it for a while."

And I also know that this rant would not have been written if I hadn't intentionally given up my main source of comfort... chocolate.

No comments: