Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time is: Too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear. (Henry van Dyke)


This was going to be my last sane posting for the next couple of months, since the Madness begins in earnest tomorrow. But I find myself unable to think of anything other than knitting. How close to noon will the pattern come out? More importantly, will I have time to cast on the socks before I have to leave for my afternoon job? Do I really have to go to my afternoon job, or can I call out due to knitting? (Okay, I know the answer to that one -- yes, I have to go to work. Otherwise I'll feel really guilty the entire time I'm knitting.) Should I pack up my knitting bag to take with me to work tomorrow morning, just in case? Am I going to make it past the first round?

And should I cast on my daughter's hat, or maybe the shawl I've been wanting to do for a while now, while I'm waiting for tomorrow to arrive? After all, there's at least another two hours of knitting time left tonight. And since I know that starting a sock would be a bad idea right now...

I did think about doing a post about the latest book I'm reading, but that wouldn't be any help. I've just gotten a copy of the Yarn Harlot's The Secret Life of a Knitter. (Well, when you're obsessive, you're obsessed.)

No comments: