Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm in trouble...

I sat down to write a real quick "I'm off to start on my sock now" post, and I made the horrible mistake of checking the flickr group first. There are people who are already done with their first sock. I've cast on my first sock and have two rows of ribbing finished, but that's not even close to being done yet.

In my defense, I did have to work. Sometimes I can knit while with a client (it comes under the guise of teaching how to ask for attention appropriately), but it figures that today was not one of those days. (Why did he have to learn NOW how to say "excuse me please" instead of throwing a tantrum?)

I did pick up a couple of items on my way home: frozen dinners for the kids so they wouldn't expect real food until the socks are finished; french vanilla creamer, since I'll be drinking coffee in excessive quantities (starting tonight as I try to catch up to the others by knitting all night as those swift-fingered knitters waste time sleeping); and the large party-sized bag of m&ms (so that I don't waste time opening wrappers as I grab for chocolate while knitting).

Now as soon as the pain pills (for my wrist) kick in, I'm ready to kick some yarn butt...

No comments: