Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm already folding under the pressure

My plan to stay up all night knitting didn't really work out very well. I did the first cuff, and then decided to rip it out and start over. I didn't like the gauge I was getting on the size 1 dpns (2.25mm). So I started over on size 1.5. I'm really not sure why .25mm makes a difference, but I do like the way this is looking much better. The problem came in when I decided around 1 am to rip out the cuff again. My reason? Because the tail was too long. As I pulled the first needle out of the stitches, I realized what I was doing. I put the knitting down, and went to bed. This morning, I managed to pick up the stitches back onto the needle, and then simply cut the affending tail shorter. I figure that at the most, the yarn I cut off would have gotten me another two rounds of sock knitting. If I find that I run out of yarn two rows early, I think I really can live with that.

I'm off to work now. But I'll be back to knitting around 4 pm. (Or do you think they'll let me go home early for due to my advanced case of sockitis?)

No comments: