Sunday, March 09, 2008

Deal with the consequences of your actions, 'cause life ain't no video game. (Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka, & Toshihiro Kawabata)


My son got his PSP this weekend, and he's been totally enthralled with it. It really is incredible. He's able to download music and videos onto it. (Well, music anyway. But he could put videos on it if he had enough money left to buy some.) The game graphics are unbelievably good. And it even has wireless internet, which means that his sister was able to get onto the computer for a change. This thing is so cool, I almost want one.

I feel really old for saying this, but games have come such a long way since I was his age. I remember when Pong was the big thing. (Anyone else remember playing on an Atari?) I mostly watched my friends play, since I didn't have Atari at home. Even back then, or especially back then since the graphics were so very basic (a round ball of light bounced back and forth between two paddles on a black screen), video games were more exciting to play than to watch.

I will admit to liking the video games at the boardwalk arcade a little bit better. Probably because I actually got to play the game there, instead of watching. My favorites were Space Invaders and Pac Man. (I still like Ms Pac Man the best, when I take the kids to an arcade.)

No comments: