Friday, October 24, 2008

Food is an important part of a balanced diet. (Fran Lebowitz)


My favorite thing this week is the Corned Beef Reuben from Arby's. I absolutely love this sandwich. Normally a Reuben is around 17 points. Arby's weighs in with just 14; it's still a lot, but I can manage this without straying off my diet. (Arby's sandwich isn't grilled, and the meat is limited compared to the way the deli piles it on; hence the lower point value.) And actually, since I have such a difficult time eating enough (yeah, who would have thought!), this is an "easy fix" to get my points for the day.

I've always loved a good Reuben sandwich. There's just something about the thousand island dressing and sauerkraut that makes life feel good. It's always been my sandwich of choice whenever I go to a diner to eat. And since diners were a big part of growing up in New Jersey, the memories season each sandwich delightfully.

No comments: