Wednesday, October 15, 2008

As long as you don't try new things, you can't learn new things. (H. Jackson Brown, Jr.)


Here's a quick look at what I've been knitting. I haven't made as much progress as I would like (there aren't enough finished projects), but I've been enjoying the process.

I've managed to keep up with my commitment to knit at least one charity baby hat a week. Of course, figuring out that I can crochet TWO hats in the time it takes to knit just one hat has helped me me stay caught up.


I don't have a current picture, but I've been pretty busy on the Mystery Stole 4 project. All six clues have been released. I wish I were up to date, but I have done clues 1 through 3 on both sides, and clue 4 on one side. Which means I only have clue 4, two clue 5's, and a clue 6 left to do. (Did that make sense to anyone else?)


This is my real passion right now: My February Lady Sweater. (I need to think of a really good name for it -- anyone have a suggestion?) The navy is my first attempt of spinning on the wheel. I had exactly the right amount; how great is that? The gray is Malibrigo, which is the most wonderfully soft and cuddly yarn ever to work with. I still can't believe that I'm actually knitting a sweater. I'm hoping to have it finished in time for my New York trip. Even if it's going to be too cold in New York to wear just a lace sweater.

My other projects have been pushed aside. The Special Olympic Scarf just sort of follows me around, looking woeful and reminding me that I should be on scarf #3 by now. (Crochet is faster, right?) And the Socks That Never End are never-ending... I wish someone had warned me against knitting socks in a 12 stitch per inch gauge for a size 9 shoe.

The sad thing is that I carry all my projects with me every day. Usually they sit in the car, waiting patiently on the off-chance that I have a five-minute wait in a parking lot somewhere. Or perhaps the opportunity to sit at alone Starbucks with a Skinny Latte yielding the needles while my children socialize. But mostly I just carry the bags in and out of the car, hoping that some wonderful knit fairy will finish a project so I can cast on something new.

No comments: